Posted December 19, 2016
Plymouth School District Community Education and Recreation is offering a new Monthly Meditation and a new Open Gym for elementary students, as well as Family Fit Gym.
Monthly Meditation: These free, drop-in meditation sessions will begin with guided breathing or meditation techniques and end with a quiet meditation. No experience is necessary. Participants will meet with instructor Carrie Caselton Lowe, a certified Yoga teacher, from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. at Plymouth High School on Wednesday, Jan. 11; Thursday, Feb. 9; Monday, March 6; and Tuesday, April 4.
Open Gym Play: This new opportunity for students in kindergarten through fourth grade – with adult supervision – is meant to fight cabin fever and winter blues. Participants will meet with Nick Wilson from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays from Jan. 7 to April 8 in the Parkview Elementary School gym. The program is free, but you must pre-register with Community Ed & Rec.
Family Fit Gym: Families are invited to get moving together in this fitness class designed to make working out fun and promote physical activity. One adult and one child ages 5 to 10 team up and get fit through circuit training, physical education games and relay races. Class will meet with instructor Katie Shuenemann from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. Tuesdays from Jan. 10 to March 21 in the Plymouth High School wrestling room; fee is $32 until Jan. 2, then $42.
• Register online; this option, which no longer carries a service charge, allows you to pay with a credit card and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Print a registration form to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• View or download the complete Winter/Spring 2017 course guide.
• Visit our new Facebook page, where we will be sharing information regularly about our many learning and recreational offerings for community members of all ages.
• Call (920) 892-5068, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Community Education and Recreation office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.