The Plymouth School District Board of Education met at 7 p.m. Nov. 15, 2016 in the Plymouth High School Amphitheatre.
The board approved contracts with the following teachers:
- Kelly Nesst to serve as a fifth-grade teacher at Riverview Elementary School. She received her bachelor’s degree from UW-Oshkosh, and previously served as a long-term substitute in the Plymouth School District.
- Abigail Price to serve as a part-time reading teacher at Horizon Elementary School. She received her bachelor’s degree from John Brown University in Arkansas and her master’s degree from Northeastern State University in Oklahoma. Ms. Price previously served as a reading specialist and elementary teacher in the Plymouth School District for three years.
The board also learned of the following support staff changes:
- Terri Flores has been hired as an educational assistant at Parkview Elementary School.
- Emma Hainzinger has been hired as an educational assistant at Plymouth High School.
- Kenneth Keeling has been hired as a custodian at Plymouth High School.
- Lauren Puetz has been hired as an educational assistant at Horizon Elementary School.
The board gratefully accepted the following donations:
- $1,000 from the Plymouth Cross Country Boosters Club to pay a portion of the pop-up tent used at student meets.
- $1,000 from Joe Van Horn Chevrolet for the PHS Peer to Peer student group, which helped baby-sit for employee children during a company party.
- $464.02 from Parkview PTK for student field-trip transportation.
- A Sandpro 2040Z from Toro Giving (The Toro Co.), which will be used to prep PHS athletic fields.
The board approved an out-of-state travel request from Sandy Nicholson, German teacher at PHS, to take students to the Chicago German Christmas Market on Dec. 12.
Summary prepared by Jamie Piontkowski, district coordinator of community communications