Posted November 14, 2016
Plymouth High School athletic teams competed in the WIAA playoffs. See how they did!
The Panthers took 4th as a team at the Division 2 sectional they hosted Nov. 4-5 (results from sectionals). Competing for the Panthers at the State Girls Swimming & Diving Championships Nov. 11 in Madison were:
• 1-meter diving: 14th Savanna Arneson 310.75; 16th Sydney Kalk 282.70
• 100-yard butterfly: 15th Kathleen Coley 1:03.56
The Panther girls took 10th as a team at the State Cross Country Meet on Oct. 29. Competing for the Panthers were:
• 53rd: Ellie Welsch 20:43.11
• 66th: Kalei Hering 20:58.01
• 91st: Maria Ryan 21:23.27
• 107th: Amanda Triebensee 21:55.54
• 114th: Lauren Rabe 22:02.85
• 120th: Allie Gruttner 22:09.22
• 123th: Luci Hoitink 22:17.94
• 76th: Alan Schaefer 17:48.14
The Panther girls took second and the boys took fourth at the Division 2 sectional Oct. 21 in Ripon (results from sectionals).
No. 6-seeded Plymouth had a bye for the first round of Division 3 regionals Oct. 18, then defeated 11th-seeded Whitewater 2-0 Oct. 20, and 14th-seeded Brown Deer 3-2 Oct. 22 to become regional champ. The Panthers lost a sectional game to No. 2-seeded Catholic Memorial 2-2 (5-4) Oct. 27.
No. 3-seeded Plymouth defeated No. 6-seeded Greendale 31-7 Oct. 21 in the first round of Division 3 playoffs, then lost to No. 2-seeded Kewaskum 14-6 Oct. 28.
The Panthers defeated 7th-seeded Lomira (25-12, 25-13, 25-10) Oct. 18 in the first round of Division 2 regionals, but then lost to Grafton (21-25, 25-22, 25-16, 18-25,15-12) on Oct. 20.
The Panthers took sixth as a team at the Division 1 subsectional Oct. 3 in Beaver Dam.