Plymouth School District Community Education and Recreation is offering a second chance for people to join some of its fall fitness and aquatic classes.
The following fitness classes, which meet at Riverview Middle School, 300 Riverside Circle, unless otherwise noted, have room for additional participants:
- Core Training: This is a great beginner class but also can benefit the most experienced participant. Good for those looking specifically at core strength or a low-impact course to get started. Uses stability, Bosu and medicine balls plus exercise bands, mats and weights. Class meets with instructor Josette Svitter from 4:15 to 5 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through Dec. 21; fee is $49 ($39 for district residents ages 62 and up and for Generations members).
- Yoga: This beginner class is a great opportunity to learn basic poses and to give this healthful activity a try. Become more relaxed, more flexible and start to breathe more fully. Class meets with instructors Judy Kraus and Stuart Gavin from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through Dec. 22 (except Nov. 24); fee is $62 (seniors $49).
- Top Flight: Class begins with a warmup and continues into aerobics, designed to strengthen the cardiovascular system. The mat work section of the class will shape and define arm, abdominal, thigh and hip muscles. Class concludes with stretching for flexibility. Class meets with instructor Pat Moriarty from 8 to 9 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through Dec. 21 at the Plymouth Youth Center; fee is $49 (seniors $39).
The following aquatic classes, which meet with instructor Beth Kerntke in the pool at Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave., have room for additional participants:
- In The Deep: This motivational class uses water resistance for a great workout. You must be comfortable in deep water and can use noodles or cuffs. Class meets from 7:15 to 8 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through Dec. 12 (except Nov. 23 and 28); fee is $47 (seniors $37), plus optional water cuffs for $30.
- Water Walking: This self-paced, self-directed class in shallow water is perfect for those with limited mobility. Held at the same time as In the Deep, so help is nearby. Class meets from 7:15 to 8 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through Dec. 12 (except Nov. 23 and 28); fee is $35 (seniors $28).
- Lap Swim: Take in the benefits of regular exercise with low-impact lap swim. 8:15 to 9:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through Dec. 15 (except Nov. 24 and 29), 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Saturdays through Dec. 10 (except Nov. 26 and Dec. 3), and 6 to 7 a.m. Wednesdays and Fridays through Dec. 16 (except Nov. 23 and 25); fees are $35 (seniors $28) for early mornings; $50 ($40) for Tuesday & Thursday eves; $24 ($19) for Saturday only; or $60 ($48) for unlimited.
In addition, there’s still room in the following classes:
- Mindfulness Focus – Introduction to Meditation: Learn skills to reduce stress in your life. This class will offer some discussion on the evidence behind mindfulness but will be mostly experiential, introducing various meditation exercises. Class will meet with instructor Carrie Caselton Lowe, district nutrition & wellness coordinator, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Monday, Nov. 14 at Riverview Middle School, 300 Riverside Drive; fee is $22.
- Terrarium Workshop: Create your own gallon-sized terrarium to be used as a gift or holiday decoration. Learn tricks and tips for design, planting and care. Containers, charms, decorations, and three plants will be provided. You may bring your own container and other decorations. A complimentary bowl of homemade soup will be provided. Class will meet with instructor Naomi Borgenhagen from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 18 in the PHS Food Science and Agriculture Center; fee is $37.
- SCUBA: Those ages 10 and up can try SCUBA in the safety of the PHS pool. All equipment, supervision and pool time included. Class will meet with Clayton Moore, district recreation & fitness coordinator, and Port Deco Divers from 3 to 5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 19; fee is $36 ($28 for Generations members and district residents ages 62 and up).
• Click here for online registration; this option, which no longer carries a service charge, allows you to pay with a credit card and to receive immediate confirmation of enrollment.
• Click here for a printable registration form to mail or bring to Community Ed & Rec, 125 Highland Ave., Plymouth WI 53073.
• Click here to view or download the complete Fall 2016 course guide.
• Click here for our new Facebook page, where we will be sharing information regularly about our many learning and recreational offerings for community members of all ages.
• Call (920) 892-5068, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Community Education and Recreation office on the north end of Plymouth High School, 125 Highland Ave.