The district prizes its Summer School program as an excellent opportunity for students to keep learning through the summer. About 85 different classes are offered for students in kindergarten through high school.
While remedial courses are offered, the vast majority are designed to keep students thinking and exploring during the summer months. About two-thirds of the district’s elementary students attend Summer School and about one-third of the middle school students do. Students from other school districts are welcome to attend our Summer School.
New and exciting classes are being developed that include both indoor and outdoor activity, enrichment, high interest and remedial classes.
2016 Summer School
Summer School will run for 5 weeks from June 27 to July 29, with no class July 4. Classes are offered from 8 to 11:45 a.m. Most classes will be at Plymouth High School, with early childhood classes at neighboring Horizon Elementary School.
There are no fees for Summer School.
Click the link in the box at right for a course guide. Registration materials will be available here by April 4, when registration opens.
Registration should be completed online using Skyward Family Access. If you need assistance or Internet access, please visit any district school during regular school hours.
- Registration is due April 29 in order to schedule classes. Courses are only offered if there is sufficient enrollment. Late registrations also run the risk of filled sections.
- Please read the course description carefully before selecting classes and choosing age appropriate classes for your child. Grade levels are your child’s current grade.
- A point value has been assigned to each class to aid the registration process and facilitate making class combinations. Every 45-minute session is equivalent to 1 pt, 90-minute equivalent to 2 pts. Therefore the entire morning will equate to a total of 5 pts.
- Bus students need to fill the entire morning with classes.
- Children are responsible for transitions between classes when taking multiple classes.
- Those interested in swimming lessons please indicate the swimming level your child is entering.
- Please fill out the information form completely.
Summer School Open Houses (at PHS ONLY):
- Wednesday, June 22: 3-6 p.m.
- Thursday, June 23: 1-4 p.m.
Families are invited to take a self-guided tour to help their children find their classes before Summer School begins. National Honor Society students will be available to help locate classrooms. Bring a copy of your schedule!
The following are closed:
- #126 - Woodworking
- #150 - Elementary Spanish
- #158 - American Girl
- #163 - Everyday Chemistry
- #164 - Bugs!!
- #172 - LEGO Robots
- #177 - Art Extravaganza
- #179 - Papier Mache
- #283 - Growing & Cooking Adventures