About Community Education & Recreation
We provide learning and wellness opportunities for people of all ages.
• Class Registration Form
• Course Evaluation Form
How to reach us
PLEASE NOTE: We are in temporary locations until our new space in the PHS addition is ready.
o In-person registration will be held from 9am-5pm Thursday Aug. 23 and Friday Aug. 24 in the Riverview Lobby. You can register online or via mail at any time.
o You can reach us via phone (892-5068) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Community Education Director
(920) 892-2661, ext. 1052
Director of Wellness
(920) 892-2661, ext. 1053
(920) 892-2661, ext. 1051
(920) 892-2661, ext. 1054
(920) 892-2661, ext. 1050
Community Garden Coordinator
(920) 892-2661, ext. 1050
Want to be more involved?
We're looking for new members for the Community Education Advisory Board! This citizen committee meets every other month to offer feedback and guidance. Contact us if you are interested!
Also check out our Employment page for opportunities to teach classes or join our staff.
What is Community Education?
Community Education is a centered process in a community that attempts to balance and coordinate available resources which fulfill basic life-long human needs. It enables local residents to help themselves solve their own problems and help create their own opportunities for personal and collective growth.
Many people think of Community Education merely as the classes offered at the school, for adults, after the close of the regular school day. While this is an important part of it, Community Education is actually much more than this.
Who do we help?
We provide services, activities and programs for:
We serve the needs of these special groups:
- Toddlers and preschoolers
- School-age children
- Senior citizens
- People with reading and math deficiencies
- People who need job skills
- People who dropped out of high school
- People with disabilities
- People with social needs
- People with health needs
- People who need stimulation and enrichment
- People who seek leisure activities
- People who desire lifelong learning
We work with many community organizations:
- Child care before and after school and during summers
- Youth Programs
- Lifelong Learning Community Education Programs
- Fitness and recreation opportunities
- Nutrition and wellness opportunities
- School-business partnerships
- College-credit classes and career training
- Community engagement
- Panther spirit gear and fan buses
- Community Television - TV14
- Plymouth Education Foundation
- Lakeshore Technical College
- PHS Booster Clubs
- City of Plymouth
- Plymouth Public Library
- Plymouth Police Department
- Family Resource Center
- Plymouth Arts Center
- Plymouth Chamber of Commerce
- Plymouth Intergenerational Coalition
- St. Vincent de Paul
- Sheboygan County YMCA
- Girl and Boy Scouts
- Kettle Karvers
- Plymouth Optimists